Wednesday, June 1, 2011

POST #100

As proof of my social ineptitude, I actually gave prior thought to what post would receive the honor of commemorating my 100th blog entry. Essay? Photo? Interpretive claymation?

Before I had the chance to make my decision, I received a card from a quiet but faithful attender of one of my Wednesday classes. She handed me a white envelope at the end of the lesson, this afternoon. I opened it up on the way out of the building and realized that the card (and the envelope) were both handmade. (Although I have no idea who Daodao the dog is. Chinese - and Asians, in general - don't seem to outgrow "cute," which is something we expats have be willing to embrace for the sake of loving the culture.)

Since, then, it's the first day of June, my 100th entry AND a day in which I received a card full of original artwork, I think I found my 100th post...or maybe it found me.


CLICK ON IMAGES TO VIEW LARGER VERSIONS



Text: Meagan, It is the first time I feel so sad for an end of a class. Maybe you have little impression on me, for I am always stay silent in class. Er...I am not confident about my spoken English. Sometimes I can't find enough words to express myself. However it will not prevent you being my favorite teacher. I love you as well as your active class. They give me a lot, not only happiness but also something more important. Your humor and responsibility, your strict standard of pronounciation, your creative activities of class, all impress me. I don't know what is suitable to send to you as a gift. I love painting. I love Daodao the dog, as you see, so I painted Daodao card for you. You are such a great teacher. Being your student is a lucky thing! Thank you Meagan. I love Meagan.