Monday, April 11, 2011

This ain't no Paula Deen, y'all.

I've been cooking a lot, lately.

Well, not really. What I mean is that students have asked to come over and cook FOR me. Who am I to deny them the pleasure of a wok and a hot plate? Nevermind the fact that I get a free meal out of it. I do it all in the name of cultural exchange.

ABOVE: Chinese dinner with a student of mine and her dormmate. The former confessed that she has a crush on a guy in her class, but she's afraid of appearing too forward. So, I did what any understanding teacher would do: I orchestrated a class activity requiring partners to find each other based on related material. What a coincidence that their information went together.

ABOVE: homemade pizza


ABOVE: A typical dish from the seaside city of Dalian: stir fried pork, celery, ginger and potato tossed in soy sauce and vinegar