Monday, March 1, 2010

Oh, Canada...

Today (March 1), I woke up early for two reasons:

1) Classes resumed, and it's not a Monday morning without a group of 30+ students waiting for me at 8 a.m. I was delighted to see a few familiar faces, though they're not the scared little freshmen faces that I first glanced last year. They now belong to slightly more confident, more mellow sophomores.

2) CCTV (China Central TV) aired the Canada vs. USA men's hockey game, which means that it started at 4:15 a.m. I woke up in enough time to fumble around for a cup of coffee and then headed next door to watch the match with two Canadian guys, one of whom is a dedicated hockey fan and native Vancouver-ite. Thrilling game that ended in an OT score of 3-2 (Canada).

I am sad to see the end of the Olympics, but glad to see the beginning of another semester. Spring can't possibly be too far away.