Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the TIES that bind

My two classes on Wednesday morning have been with me both semesters - something unprecedented during my two years at HIT. As a result, we have a close relationship. Today was our last session, and I wanted to say goodbye with something that could serve as a reminder of our adventures together while being practical in some way toward their future.

Several weeks ago, we covered job applications and interview protocol. I devoted an entire lesson to establishing "the look," and it was then that I discovered that almost no one A) possessed a tie nor B) knew how to knot one. So, in anticipation of today, I bought a tie for each student - 61 in all. I passed them out in gift boxes, along with a hand-written note for each person.

THRILLED is how I can sum up their reaction.
GRATEFUL is how I can sum up mine.


the anticipation


All systems are go!