Monday, April 19, 2010

flower power

There is a young man on campus who was in a sophomore in one of my classes last year. We became friends and shared some meals and walks. I haven't seen him much this semester, but we still keep in touch.

This past weekend, I was supposed to have a reunion dinner with him and two of his classmates, but I had to cancel twice due to a cold that, while benign enough, hits me hardest in my overall energy level.

He sent me a text message this afternoon informing me that he had left something for me at the front desk of my dorm. Several hours later, I found his mystery gift waiting, complete with tinsel and glitter. I think those embellishments make me love it even more.





Dear Meagan, Hope you can get well as soon as possible. Sorry I did not contact you for such a long time.