Saturday, March 10, 2012

the conundrum of cereal

8:00 a.m.

I am up, coffee in hand and sifting through the accumulation of emails that came in overnight. Among them, one is from a teammate thanking me for my contribution of strawberry banana bread to her long day. Another is from our tech department advising us on new virusware.

And then there's this one from a young man I taught last year and who now frequents our Sunday morning location. It's my favorite:


date: Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 11:23 PM
subject: Methods of eating corn flakes.

In order to taste something new, I bought a box of corn flakes the other day. However, the problem is that I don't know how to eat it. And I wanna ask you for help. How would people usually eat corn flakes? Do I need some other ingredients?



China, you had me at corn flakes.