Monday, February 27, 2012

along the watchtower

I can't sleep.

But it doesn't matter now because my alarm for 4:25a just went off. Last night, after a long day and a long walk, I went to bed earlier than my grandfather. I had a dream that the angel, Gabriel, visited me. I don't remember his message. He was beautiful, but in a way I didn't imagine.

I woke up around midnight, and my mind never stopped working after that.

Once I concluded that sleep wasn't coming back, I settled down in my favorite chair - my only chair - in my living room. I decided to read what I read yesterday because it's convoluted and wonderfully mysterious.

My favorite part is verse 36: If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. (Mark, chapter 13)

Imagine how that resounds with someone who can't explain her insomnia at 3:00 in the morning.