Friday, October 21, 2011

a letter for the soldier

After spending ALL DAY trying to knock out emails and computer work, I have little time and hand-eye coordination left.

I just finished drafting a letter to the soldier and will have a trusted friend translate it for me within the next day or two. It is intended as an arrow to the soldier's heart and addresses the issue of violence in his life that I have only recently connected through stories he has shared. I foresee that his military service, beginning as soon as he graduates this June, will only reinforce the explosive outbursts that have defined and damaged the lives of those closest to him.

I have shed many petitions and many tears for this young man. If you happen to remember him and me and that letter in the next few days, please intercede.